Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sugar Cookies

I found this sugar cookie recipe a few years back when I was searching for the BEST one. I have no clue where I got it. But I will never use another sugar cookie recipe again! Once you try it, you will agree!!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cup butter, softened
2 Cup white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
5 Cup flour2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

-Pre heat oven to 400.

-In large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt a little at a time.
- Cover and chill
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4-1/2 thick.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 mintues




Icing:

1 Cup confectioners sugar
2 tsp milk
2 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
assorted food coloring

-Stir sugar and milk, mix in corn syrup and vanilla until glossy. If too thick add more corn syrup.
-Dip cookies or paint with brush.
-Let sit for icing to set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment